Placide Xtra is for horses that are regularly used in strenuous work, exercise or sport, making heavy demands on their muscles e.g. Racing, Endurance and Athletics.
A specially developed high grade of organic magnesium, potassium and vitamin E blend with superior bio-availability plus Boron.
Use magnesium combined with potassium especially the high grade organic chelated type to increase the capacity for prolonged exercise, endurance and ease fatigue. (Due to its role in the the manufacture of Adenosine Triphosphate; ATP)
- Its role is to ensure sufficient oxygen is delivered to the muscles and is also required for movement and for the transmission of the nerve impulses to the muscles. Muscle weakness may occur as a result of magnesium deficiency.
- Its role is to assist the blood to carry oxygen and to help the formation of muscle tissue. Potassium is an extremely important electrolyte that functions in the maintainence of water balance, muscle and nerve cell function, heart function as well as kidney and adrenal function. The effects of potassium deficiency include muscle weakness, fatigue, irritability and problems in nerve conduction and muscle contraction.
- Potassium loss in sweat is significant therefore horses in heavy training work or sport have higher potassium needs. Potassium is also lost through urinary excretion.
- Is essential to help maintain muscle development and is also a natural antioxidant which protects muscle cells and other tissues from damage caused by harmful "free radicals" generated during exercise. Adequate vitamin E is essential to help maintain muscle development for strength and stamina.
- Is essential for magnesium metabolism. Will help maintain animal's health including bones/joints and the reproductive system.
Recommended amount per day = 5g / 500kg animal.