Placide M is for calming your equine friend.
Made from superior bio-available form of an organic chelated magnesium plus essential amino acids and boron to help ensure maximum absorption and effectiveness.
Magnesium is vital for over 300 different functions in the body. The body requires magnesium in relatively large amounts but does not store much. If it does not get sufficient from the diet daily, then it is forced to steal it from the nerves, the brain, the muscles and the heart. Then the body simply cannot function properly.
This has significant, often dire consequences including:
- The nerve endings become oversensitive and cause over-reactiveness i.e. touchiness, spookiness, rushing off floats
- The horse is tight and tense - the muscles are not properly relaxed
- Impaired insulin response, contributing to obesity, insulin resistance, extra pads of fat, puffiness, laminitis and eventually cushings-like syndrome
- Impaired peripheral circulation, especially to the hooves
- Upset hormone balance
- Help the digestive system
- Help promote muscle building
- Important in energy metabolism
- Help normal protein synthesis
- Helps maintain good levels of magnesium in the body
- Adequate levels reduce the excretion levels of magnesium by up to 40%
- Helps maintain well-being of the joints and bones
- Helps maintain health of the reproductive system
- Helps maintain health of the brain
Recommended amount per day = 3g / 500kg animal